August 13, 2019

New week, new me

Hey all!  Keep your eyes open for the #weeklycheckin later this week.

So after the last post, I feel like I've taken that next step, mentally.  Maybe writing my thoughts out helped me work through them, and come to grips with them.  I don't know.

What I do know, is that I have a fresh outlook and sense of purpose.

The other thing I know, is that The Open is exactly 60 days from today.

On that note . . .

1. Even though I have switched to hitting the gym early in the morning (a.k.a. the 5:15AM class), once The Open comes around, I'm gonna hit those workouts in the evening.  I just generally feel stronger in the evening.

2. Even though I don't regularly workout there anymore, I think I'm gonna do the Open at CrossFit Denton.  I definitely love the "Friday Night Lights" environment at CFD.

3. I am doing an olympic weightlifting cycle for the next 8 weeks to try and increase my explosive strength for the Open.  This cycle will include workouts 2-3 times per week and will be in addition to the regular gym programming.

That's it for today.  Time to put in some work.

#TheGrind #EarnIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consistency

I need to be more consistent on blogging. So many thing have changed, and so many more changes are on the way. I'm not at Solar anym...