August 8, 2019

Defeatism

My thought trends the last few weeks have been less than ideal.  I have found myself thinking a lot about my abilities and whether or not I am really able to pursue my goals.  I have found myself thinking that, "if you are not good enough to succeed, then why should you even try?"

Here is a quote from my daily reading.

"Defeatism won't get you anywhere (except defeat)."

**Side note, if you guys don't have a daily reader of some sort, you should get one.  It is one thing that I never thought I would be interested in, but now that I do it, can't imagine not doing it.**

It may be surprising to my friends, who know me as such a positive person, but believe me, I have doubts.

This year has been the most challenging one I've had since I started CrossFit.  It seems like everything I have been doing has amounted to nothing.  Intellectually, I know that is not the case.  But emotionally, I have been extremely discouraged.  It makes it hard to get up every day and show up the to gym when you feel like you are making NO progress.

But I also KNOW that if I don't show up and put in the work, then nothing will change.

There was a great quote from a podcast I heard recently that sums this up:

"Just like in sports, if 2019 is going great or terrible, the final score is determined in the second half.  Quit letting a slow start distract you from finishing strong."  --Jake Thompson

That is what I plan on doing . . . finishing strong.

#TheGrind  #Earnit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consistency

I need to be more consistent on blogging. So many thing have changed, and so many more changes are on the way. I'm not at Solar anym...