July 11, 2019

Self-Respect

Two quotes

"Character, willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life -- is the source from which self-respect springs."

"To live without self respect is to lie awake at night...counting up...the gifts irrevocably wasted through sloth or cowardice or carelessness"
                                                                                --Joan Didion

I read the above two quotes from Joan Didion in my daily reading this morning.  Both of them really struck a chord with me.  Especially the second quote.

That one hit hard.

The fear of failure could prevent you from ever really trying.  If you don't try, then you will never succeed.

Coming off of a holiday weekend, where I ate several things I shouldn't have, and worked out way less than I should have, the thought of wasting a gift through sloth seemed like it was speaking directly to me.

That said, it is in the past.  

Do. Better. Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consistency

I need to be more consistent on blogging. So many thing have changed, and so many more changes are on the way. I'm not at Solar anym...