July 25, 2019

Post "Vay-Kay" work

**Sorry there was no weekly checkin this week.  Those will resume next Monday.**

Me and my family went on a long weekend / road trip this past week.

I got some workouts in, which is not the norm for me when on vacation.  I usually make excuses to not workout when on vacation, but I have more focus -- more dedication to the grind than I have previously.

Working out in small hotel fitness centers can be a challenge, but if you want to reach your goals, you gotta make time to get it in.

Anyway, on my first day back from vay-kay (Monday), I did a WOD of 5 rounds of  400m run, 3 rope climbs, and 20 box jumps.

On the VERY FIRST box jump, I hit my shin.

Hard.

I didn't get pics at the time, but it swole up like a baseball on my shin.

On Tuesday, we did a partner WOD that consisted of a 14 minute AMRAP of Cindy except with 135# back squats instead of air squats.  But it had a buy-in of 60 clean & jerks @ 135# before the AMRAP started.

It was tough, but good.  I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

#Grow.Stronger




No comments:

Post a Comment

Consistency

I need to be more consistent on blogging. So many thing have changed, and so many more changes are on the way. I'm not at Solar anym...