May 17, 2017

Training Volume (New Program Pt.2)

As I said in a previous post, I have refocused on my training for the coming year.  As part of that refocusing, I signed up for online coaching.

After much deliberation, I choose the CompTrain Masters (CTM) program.

Now, I firmly believe that the programming does not make the competitor.  No programming can in and of itself get an athlete to the next level.  The athlete still has to put the work in.

I choose this program because I feel that my personal attitude and workout philosophy align the most closely with Ben Bergeron (from CrossFit New England) and the way he coaches.

Interestingly, here is an example of my training volume pre-CTM. over the past year going into the 2017 Open.


Not bad, but not great either.  Here is an example of my training volume the first month on CTM.

 There is certainly a difference.  But it is not just volume for volume's sake.  Every movement has a purpose.  And, moreover, every purpose is spelled out in the programming.

Overall, I feel less beat up now, than I did when following the pre-CTM programming shown above.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I am very excited about my training throughout the year heading into the 2018 Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consistency

I need to be more consistent on blogging. So many thing have changed, and so many more changes are on the way. I'm not at Solar anym...